The Chhattisgarh State was formed as per the Madhya Pradesh Reorganization Act 2000. The President of India gave his consent to this Act on the 25th August 2000. The Government of India subsequently set the first day of November 2000 as the day on which the State of Madhya Pradesh would be bifurcated into State of Chhattisgarh and State of Madhya Pradesh.
Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board was formed in accordance with the Section 5 of the Electricity Supply Act 1948 as per the Notification published in the gazette of the Government of Chhattisgarh dated 15th November 2000. Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board (CSEB) became functional w.e.f. 01.12.2000.
Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board has been reorganized into following five companies in accordance with the provisions contained in the Section 131-134 of Electricity Act 2003 by the Govt. of Chhattisgarh vide Notification dated 19.12.2008
1. The Chhattisgarh State Power Holding Company Limited
2. The Chhattisgarh State Power Generation Company Limited
3. The Chhattisgarh State Power Transmission Company Limited
4. The Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited
5. The Chhattisgarh State Power Trading Company Limited
The Chhattisgarh State Power Trading Company Limited became functional w.e.f. 01.01.2009.
Site developed and maintained by F.A.Khan, E.E., EITC, Dagania, Raipur